The building is located at Shahid Sheydayi Street in the Gholhak area which was a center of German speaking residents of Tehran up to the 1979 revolution.
The German Speaking Evangelical Congregation in Iran (Evangelische Gemeinde Deutscher Sprache in Iran) was founded by expatriates in 1957. It is affiliated to the Evangelical Church in Germany. The congregation acquired a plot and built its church in 1961. The church is a brick structure without tower seating up to 120 people.