Shams-ol-Emareh Palace is located in the eastern section of Golestan palace and belongs to the era of Naser al-Din Shah. The king was inspired in one of his visits abroad, by the multi- storey buildings he observed there. The building was constructed by Doost Ali Khan Moayerrol Mamalek in 1865 - 1867 . The structure of the building is strong and the symmetries have been formed beautifully.
This building used to serve as a place for official receptions and also the private harem of Naser al-Din Shah. Its halls and chambers are all equipped with high quality and premium curtains, chandeliers and posters.